Fenelon Falls Bikeshare Launch
There will be an official launch of bikeshare on Friday, September 14 at 2pm with a ceremonial bike ride around downtown Fenelon Falls beginning at the TSW waterway. Bikers are invited to participate!
Kawartha Works Community Co-operative (KWCC) is pleased to announce that a 10 bike rental station has been built in Fenelon Falls. “We now have bikes available in Fenelon Falls as well as Bobcaygeon for tourists and residents to get around and explore the towns and trails” says Jim
Armstrong, Chair of KWCC.
Funding from Ontario regional tourism (RTO8) and a sponsorship agreement with Enbridge Gas have made the bike rental in Fenelon Falls possible.
Other partners in the Fenelon Falls project include:
- Trent-Severn Waterway providing the site for the bikes by the locks
- City of Kawartha Lakes assisting in planning of the initiative
- Spokes for Folks servicing the bikes
Kawartha Works Community Co-operative was established in 2015 to enable the development of community improvements by sharing costs and resources on a not for profit basis. In addition to the bikeshare service, KWCC includes the following initiatives:
- Fenelon Forward—community consultation and advocacy for improvements in Fenelon Falls
- Fenelon Housing Partners—development of supportive and affordable housing
- Fenelon Live!—presenting live artistic performances, promote music appreciation; last month initiated Simcoe Day celebration in Fenelon Falls
- Friends of Lock 34—working with Trent-Severn Waterway for improvements around the lock in Fenelon Falls
- Impact 32—community-based initiatives to drive year-round economic development in Bobcaygeon
- Snowshoe Kawartha—annual snowshoe race and winter festival
For additional information: Jim Armstrong, firstname.lastname@example.org, 705-887-9755